Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pepperoni Pizza Scrolls

This week I took part in a Global Webinar. Given it was for planning so not totally related to this. However! A key point I took away, which I’ve always firmly believed in, is that each generation thinks differently.  Specifically the speaker was talking about how there’s so much red tape in planning and the young generation of planners (me) just want things to happen now and just get frustrated at all the processes.

Without boring you about planning, I totally think this applies to everything. Each generation is so markedly different that of course it reflects through to our attitudes and beliefs. Did your mum ever say “If I spoke to my mum like that I’d be slapped across the ear”? Well it’s true. They would have. But times have changed and now, it’s totally acceptable to tell your mum to man up. Which yes, I often do (with love).... J
It could just be me and my weird interest in generations, but I think people need to realise the differences. If you want a productive work place, cater to each generation and be open to change. If you want to connect to your children more, stop trying to think when you were a kid. Everything is different and the young’uns just don’t think like you did.

My generation is often called the ‘me’ generation, and that is probably true. We want a killer life. We want our cake and god damn we’ll eat it too.  We want to be at the top of the corporate ladder, see the world, party all night, and go home to a fancy house. We want to see everything and do everything, and we want it all yesterday. But, the catch is, we’re driven, independent and confident so we’ll do whatever it takes to get what we want. Selfish? Maybe. But we’ll have it all so who cares!
The point I’m trying to make is that each generation is hugely different.  Be open. Embrace it. Young’uns, stop rolling your eyes at your parents, and parents, stop criticizing our need to have it all.

One way to foster the love would be to make these. (Nice segue)
Super easy, super delish.

2 sheets store bought puff pastry, thawed
140g tomato paste
1/2 tbspn oregano
400g pepperoni
1 cup mozzarella

Preheat the oven to 180oc. Grease cupcake tins.

Mix the herbs into the tomato paste.
Smother each sheet of puff pastry with the tomato paste

Lay out the pepperoni evenly across the sheets. It doesn’t have to be super close, just enough to ensure each roll has some bite.
Cover each sheet with cheese. Feel free to use more than suggested if you love your cheese.

Roll each sheet up starting close to you and rolling away. Roll it fairly tight but don’t squeeze it.
When you’ve got two logs, slice each one about 3-4cm thick. Place each scroll into a greased cupcake tin.

Bake for 15-20mins until golden and sizzling.
Remove to a wire rack to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment