Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Hey guys! I made you a drink!

I love drinks as meals. Not like water or juice, but drinks with substance. Thiiiick drinks. I used to have a fruit smoothie every single day (until I got lazy). But my drinks can’t be too sweet. Too sweet and I won’t finish it and I’ll just look at it feeling guilty.

Anywho, I made this drink on a Saturday in my boredom. Do you eat when you’re bored? I do. It’s really bad. It’s stupid because I know it’s bad, and I know I’m only eating because I’ve nothing else to do, but it doesn’t stop me. I guess I’m just lucky that I know how to balance my boredom eating with nutritious foods so I don’t expand at an alarming rate (although sometimes that doesn’t feel very true)

Plus I go to the gym a few times a week so my guilt conscience doesn’t strangle me.
So this drink. I made this when it was the peak of pumpkin season in America. Sometimes it frustrates me reading mostly American blogs and having the seasons totally opposite. Anywho, I was inspired by their pumpkin obsession.

When I made this, my roommate thought I had gone nuts and flatly refused to try it. I can’t say we use pumpkin in a sweet sense much – especially in little mining towns where anything that is slightly out of the norm is considered strange. SIGH.
ANYWAY. My point is to make this. It’s not too sweet, has a great pumpkin flavour and will fill you up to stop the boredom-eats. Fact.


1/2 cup Greek yoghurt

1/2 cup pumpkin puree

1/2 cup milk

1 frozen banana

1tbspn simple syrup

1tsp cinnamon

1/2tsp pumpkin pie spice

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth. You may add more syrup to achieve desired sweetness. Garnish with an additional sprinkling of cinnamon.

Notes* simple syrup is a 2 part water to 1 part sugar mixture. Boil water, add sugar and stir until dissolved.  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS. I'm going to adopt it into my hot-Christmas celebrations.

    ReplyDelete