Monday, January 28, 2013

Blog 2 + Lime Curd


Hello again...
I’m getting slack with this blogging thing. It took me another week to actually publish that first post. I feel like I need to apologise again...for being so amateur. I was taking some photos for my next post on the weekend and my sister (who is a graphic designer and far more talented/beautiful/kinder than me) was appalled at my lack of skills. But I shall persist!

While I’ve mentioned her, my sister is also going to make this blog pretty for me. So soon (hopefully) it will be awesome and delightful...

Lime Curd

Why on earth would anyone make lime curd? Because it’s delicious that’s why! I’ve always loved lemon curd...well basically anything citrusy...but I can’t say I’ve eaten it often. Besides toast, I just don’t know what to have it with...and I don’t even eat toast. But it just looked so amazing over at Pale Yellow that I just had to.

It totally worked out much better than I expected...and I didn’t even have a thermometer at the time. Although I’m still not sure what I’ll use it for... 
  • 1/3 cup lime juice
  • 2 eggs & 1 yolk
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 2 tbspn butter, cold
  • 1 tbspn cream
  • Dash vanilla
  • Pinch of salt
  • Green food colouring
Heat the juice in a small saucepan until hot but not boiling.

Whisk the eggs with the sugar until pale yellow (my arm fell off at this point). Slowly add the hot juice into the eggs.  Add the juice mixture back to the saucepan.

Heat and stir until the mixture is thick enough to cling to the back of the spoon.
Remove from heat and stir in the butter, cream, vanilla, and salt.  Stir until the butter is melted.  Stir in the green food colouring at this point.
Pour it into a bowl and cover with glad-wrap so that it rests directly on top of the curd.
Refrigerate until cool (although I stole some bread off my roommate and smothered it on warm)

No comments:

Post a Comment