Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lime Cupcakes

Prepare yourself for an onslaught of Valentine’s Day cooking.  Most people hang out for those holidays that actually result in a day off – New Years/Easter etc. I however, hang out for those themed holidays which have very obvious colours and tastes. Like Valentines, St Pat’s etc so I am super excited for Thursday.

But I didn’t want to start preparing too early, so I had to satisfy my cravings for cake with something else. Given I still haven’t used the Lime Curd which is still sitting in my fridge, that was a definitely an ingredient.

Lime Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting


These are just vanilla cupcakes, with the centre cored out and Lime Curd spooned in, topped with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 125g cream cheese, 50g butter, vanilla and 1 1/2 cups icing sugar

I always pipe my cupcakes with the 1M tip (Wilton), however spoon and spreading with a knife is definitely acceptable.

I only made 2 of these babies considering the abovementioned onslaught occurring later in the week, but I regret my decision. The combo of lime and cream cheese is amazing.  I demolished these before I even made it back to the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment