Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mini Tiramisu Cheesecakes

Oh praise the lord! I succeeded in something!

Well first I managed to stuff up ANZAC biscuits, which, if you’re Aussie, or know anything about ANZAC’s, is pretty hard. It’s the easiest  recipe on the planet. My first batch? Burnt. My second batch? Under cooked. My third batch? Just right. (Sorry, did not intend to go all Goldilocks on you there). Anyway, it’s not that bad because I love them under cooked, and my roommate loves them crisp/burnt. Just sucked a tad because I was going to bring them to work. Alas.

After I failed at them, I felt kind of droopy. So I went and watched some TV to perk myself up. A bit of Will and Grace never hurt anyone.

My sister is coming to visit me this weekend, so naturally dessert must be on the table. I really wanted to prove to myself that I could do baked cheesecakes, so I took a second shot at them, after my Will and Grace pick me up. Plus it helps that I still had all the ingredients. I did exactly the same thing as last time, only this time I watched them in the oven like an eagle. I rotated the pan 10mins in (which I never ever do) and presto! They are perfect. I did get excited when I pulled them out because they looked so much better. They didn’t collapse in the middle and weren’t hard on the outside. In re-reading that, no wonder they didn’t taste good with that description haha.

So, now I can officially say I can do baked cheesecakes.



1 cup plain cookie crumbs

2 tbspn sugar

3 tbspn melted butter

200g cream cheese

3/4 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 tbspn Kahlua

1 tsp espresso powder

To Serve:

Whipped cream

Cocoa

In a small bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter with a fork until evenly moistened. Divide the crumbs evenly between the muffin cups and press into the bottom to form a crust. Set aside.

Beat the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the Kahlua and espresso powder and beat for 1 minute, or until completely combined.

Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Bake until the cheesecakes are set around the edges and nearly set in the middle, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment