Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Baked Porridge

Ergh I know. More porridge. But I’m STILL eating those Pumpkin Cupcakes so I couldn’t exactly go making more cake! Plus I really really love breakfast. It has got to be the best meal of the day. Not to mention I tend to eat more at breakfast thanks to the previous 10 hours of STARVATION.

In my defence, I also made some savoury mini muffins to take to my (rare) weekend job. Although they were a bit of a fail because I got all cocky and just winged it. Spinach and garlic muffins they were. Too dense though and definitely not worth of blogging about. Still very edible though, especially warmed up dripping in butter....
So, make this, if you love breakfast’s like me, and I promise that next recipe will begin with ‘cream butter and sugar’ (oh how those words make me smile)

1 cup rolled oats
1/8 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbspn melted butter
vanilla
1 cup blueberries (I used blackberries)

In a bowl, mix oats, walnuts, baking powder and cinnamon.
In a jug, mix the maple syrup, milk, egg, butter and vanilla.

Wet meets dry.
In a baking dish, spread 1/2 cup blueberries, cover with the oats and top with remaining blueberries.

Bake at 150 degrees for 35-40mins.
Note: I halved this recipe which fed me dandy.

Also, I’d like to again say that this is not the most photogenic of dishes. I live with a roommate who hates cooking and I am too poor to buy fancy props to make my photos look amazing. Not to mention I lack the ability to determine how to make a photo look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment