Thursday, April 24, 2014

Peach Oat Smoothie

I have just realised that I make too many breakfasts. Well not in the eating sense because you can never have too many breakfasts...but for blog purposes? Too many.

You might not realise it because I’m attempting to space them out. But from my end? The next few posts I had lined up are all breakfast. Granola, French toast, pancakes, and oats.
Dang. Epic blog fail.

I’ll just have to make some brownies or something to spice it up. Sigh. SUCH a problem.
For now though, have a drink.

Who doesn’t love a bright yellow juicy peach?? Recently I have taken to eating peaches with a tissue in my hand to prevent the inevitable flood of juice running down my arm and all over the desk/keyboard/my shirt.
Actually, when I was in my local fruit barn topping up, they had a new variety. I don’t remember the name and I can’t find it online, but it was Golden...something. Anyway, the point is that it was gross. It was very furry, less juicy and less flavoursome. Probably a good thing I don’t remember the name since I do not recommend it....

This smoothie however I do recommend (used with normal peaches). It’s great for the 3pm pick me up, or again, for breakfast if you’re so inclined. Look at all those chunky bits of peach! Nice and thick and leaves you satisfied........*smirk*
Enjoy!


2 peaches, cut into quarters

1tbspn chia seeds

1/4 cup rolled oats

1/2 banana, frozen

1/4 cup orange juice

1/2 cup almond milk

1tbspn maple syrup (or other sweetener)

 
*note: you can peel the peaches if you desire

Add all of the ingredients to a blender and let set for 5-10 minutes so the oats and chia seeds can soak and soften. Then blend until smooth.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment