Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blueberry Cheesecake French Toast

So this breakfast was the bomb. I pretty much say that after most things I eat, but this one seriously was.

I mean French toast is pretty dang amazing even when it’s a hasty ‘I just need to get it in my face’ type dish. But smooshed together with blueberries and sweetened cream cheese? No. Freaking. Way.
What’s your favourite breakfast? Mine is French toast all the waaaay. Or trashed up museli with uber creamy yoghurt. But I’m fairly sure French toast comes first. So good. Most weekends I ask the boyf to make me it...but he doesn’t. Won’t stop me asking though.

It’s actually very easy. Serve this up to wow someone special...or to say sorry...or to win brownie points. Basically give it to someone to impress them. Or if you’re my boyf, because I keep asking!

6-8 slices of stale white bread
150g cream cheese
2tbspn caster sugar
1tsp vanilla
1/2 cup blueberries
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1tsp cinnamon
 
Prepare your bread. (I cut circles into my bread because the crust was manky, but you can just use whole slices if you want)
 
In a bowl of your stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until fully combined and no lumps remain.
 
Add in the blueberries and stir through. If you’re using frozen blueberries, it’ll change to a lovely purple colour.
 
Spread the cream cheese over half the bread slices. Top with the other slices.
 
In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cream and cinnamon.
 
Heat a frypan over medium heat and add a knob of butter or oil spray.
 
Dip sandwiches into the egg mixture for about 20secs each side.
 
Fry on each side until golden and crisp.
 
Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and fresh blueberries.

 



Nutrition: This can either be for two greedy people or 3 normal people. Percentages based on my own personal requirements (24yr old female).

 
2 serves
3 serves
Calories
Total Fat
Sodium
Carbohydrates
Dietary Fibre
Sugars
Protein
696
39.8g
675mg
66.1g
3.8g
30.5g
19.4g
37%
56%
33%
21%
15%
43%
38%
497
27g
511mg
50.2g
2.9g
21g
14.1g
26%
38%
25%
16%
11%
30%
28%

2 comments:

  1. That looks so neat and perfect! Love the sound of combining two favourite sweet items together :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm these look amazing!!! What a wonderful weekend treat.

    ReplyDelete