Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weekend in Sydney

OMG so I totally forgot about my blog. Worst blogger ever.

Very sorry to the very few people who may happen to stumble across the page and spend 2mins reading it. Ha.
Ok, so I’m not going to Post Part 3 of V-day yet because I have much greater things to talk about.

Last weekend was my birthday! Yay me! Anywho my darling Best Friend of 10 years who lives 1000km away from me bought me a ticket to see An Evening with Megan Mullally in SYDNEY. (I’d like to point out this is kind of a big deal since I live in some hick mining town and don’t get to leave often)
We are both epic foodies, and basically spent the whole time eating.

So on Friday I flew to Brisbane first to have lunch with my recently engaged cousin. She’s a doll. We had epic burgers for lunch. I had ‘Miss Piggy’ which is pulled pork, lettuce, tomato, spiced apple chutney, and aioli. I’m not going to lie, definitely one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. Especially washed down with Mayfield’s homemade chocolates. Amaze.
Following that, I partook in some shopping, met up with my parents (who live in Cairns and just happen to be in Brisbane that weekend) and generally floated around.

 
I met up with the Best Friend and we flew to Sydney. The following morning we had breakfast at Pancakes on the Rocks, which were probably the best pancakes I’ve ever had in my life. Huge, epically, unrealistically fluffy pancakes. We cruised around the city for a while, then headed to J for lunch, which to all you naive people, is Jamie Oliver’s Australian Restaurant. I had the special of the day which was a Pesto Pappardelle with parmesan and tomatoes. A very simple dish, but the freshness of the basil and freshly made pasta took it to a whole different level. Amaze.


Following that, we visited what I have dreamed for a very long time, and will probably be the best thing I’ve done for a while. Adriano Zumbo. He is the Willy Wonka of our generation. He makes me melt. He inspires me. He excites me. He wants me to be very fat and sit at home eating dessert all day. We sat at the dessert train and helped ourselves to 4 macarons (malted milkshake, cherry coconut, salted caramel and one which flavour we couldn’t pick), followed by a chocolate concoction, then a violet crumble concoction. I can’t even begin to describe the amazing tastes and textures. I have no idea what they were, but by god they were amazing. We visited his shop where we bought a Carrot Cake Macaron and a Salted Butter Popcorn Macaron, and a 1/2 meter block of Zumbo Chocolates. Lord. Heaven.

 
Dinner was simply wedges and beer at the pub under our hotel, thanks to our gorging all day. Although, good wedges can still be a delicious dish!
The show was spectacular. Megan Mullally is a very talented singer, and is hilariously funny. Definitely keen to buy the seasons of Will and Grace to relive her hilarity. (side note: the man bought me Season 1 and 2. Excellent!)

Breakfast was spent at the Rocks Markets, with a breakfast burger. We travelled out of the city to meet some friends and had Thai for lunch followed by delicious pastries for dessert. I gorged on a Nutella Bomb (donut filled with Nutella) and finished the Best Friend’s Pecan Pie.
As you can see, I definitely will be hitting up the gym this week, before going home to my Haigh’s Drinking Chocolate purchased between my gorging.

 
I’d like to thank my amazing Best Friend who is possibly the nicest, funniest, most caring person in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. Thank you for an amazing weekend my dear, and may there be many many many just as amazing weekend’s to come!! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment