Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tim Tam Tartlets

My partner is slightly into – read: obsessed – with football. He lives and breathes it. At first I just went along with it, but I have to say, the more you get into it, the more....fascinating it becomes. It really does have so many technicalities to it. It’s not just kicking the ball into the net. Plus I feed off other people’s excitement. In football there is so much excitement. All those crazy hooligans screaming in their team colours? Yeah that makes me scream too. Although the football is interesting, (and you’d be amazed at how much I know), I just love being around excited people.

Anyway, the World Cup is coming up. It’s not until next year, but I really want to go. Could you imagine the excitement in Brazil!? Lord that makes me feel giddy.
 
Right now though are all the qualifying games. Socceroos were playing against Iraq and obviously, we needed snacks to watch the game. Enter these tarts.
These are supremely easy and delicious.
 

10 Chocolate Ripple biscuits

10 Tim Tams

200g cream cheese, softened

30g chocolate, for drizzling
 
There are a few ways to make the shells. If you have a tray with shallow scoops (not sure if they still make these but my mum had growing up), you could use that to create perfect little tarts. If you don’t however, follow the below method.
Line a cookie tray with half of the biscuits. Heat in a warm oven for 5-10mins until soft.  One at a time, manipulate the cookies into little tart shells. I found that molding them around a 1tbspn scoop produced the best results. Work quickly as they will harden as they cool. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
As they cool, make the filling. In a food processor, crush all of the tim tams (conveniently, a packet has 12 so you may eat the remaining 2). Add in the cream cheese and pulse until combined. It’s ok for it to be lumpy.
Scoop a tablespoon of the filling into the cases.
 
Melt the chocolate and add to a piping bag or a freezer bag with the corner sniped off. Drizzle over the tarts. Serve immediately, or keep chilled in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment