Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Slice

Well, hasn’t the last two days been exciting! Are you ready for it?! I signed up to BlogLovin!

Well that was exciting for me. Previously I’d just been an email subscriber to a max of 20 blogs – to prevent email overload. Consequently, every morning my inbox would be crazy, and it was a pain in the butt going through them all and filing accordingly.
Anyway, with all this talk of Google Reader disappearing, I thought I should get organised. I tried Feedly, like so many recommended, but for some bizarre reason, it just never loaded. So BlogLovin it is. A few days in and, not going to lie, it’s bloody amazing. How have I not done this sooner?! I’m totally loving having them all in one place, in chronological order. Plus I can follow EVERYONE!

So add me. Let’s be internet friends!! Although I’m fairly sure my Mum is still the only person who reads this....
Anywho, back to topic. This slice. Hmm yes. It took me back to my childhood. I think at some stage every childhood at a typical chocolate slice. Not a fudgy gooey brownie, a crumbly hard, smothered in icing chocolate slice that you can’t help but eat half the pan.


*cue drooling*

Base
130g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
50g coconut
50g sliced almonds
30g cocoa
125g butter
Icing
175g icing sugar
30g cocoa
25g butter
160ml condensed milk
20ml boiling water
75g chopped peanuts

(I’m not sure why this recipe was all in weight measures. It did make it very quick though)
Grease and line a slice tin and set aside.

Stir together flour, sugar, coconut, almonds and cocoa in a bowl.

Melt the butter and stir into the dry mixture.
Press into the prepared tin and bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins.

While that is baking prepare the icing. Beat icing sugar, cocoa, butter, condensed milk and boiling water. Fold in peanuts.
When the base has completely cooled, pour over the icing. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Keep in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment