Friday, December 20, 2013

Santa Hats

 
So I’m currently at work on the last day of the year. Can I get a HIP HIP HORAY!

Gosh this break cannot come soon enough. Tomorrow I’ll be driving up to Townsville , and then my sister and I will continue the trek up to Cairns. It’s going to be so hot. Oh so hot....basically I’ve only packed bikinis and sundresses.
I’m not too into Christmas this year. Probably because the lead up has been very un-christmasy. Our house is not decorated, the boyf doesn’t really celebrate Christmas, and I’ve just been at work 24/7. So nope, not feeling it.

Maybe I’ll get more into it when I get to Cairns and everyone is there and the puppy is trying to eat the Christmas tree, but until then, I’m just gonna hide away and be the Grinch.
Anywho, I do hope you all are jolly and happy and swirling in tinsel and wrapping paper.

I did try to get all cheery. I made these. They’re pretty cute ey. I gave one to the boyf (who doesn’t like sweet things) and he made all kinds of sexual delicious food noises. So that’s gotta mean they’re reeeal good.
Although I think you should make them and just look at their cuteness.

36 Oreo Cookies
250g cream cheese, softened
1 cup red candy melts
1/2 cup white chocolate
1/4 cup shredded coconut
Mini marshmallows

Begin by processing the cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl and mix with cream cheese until fully combined.

Scoop cookie balls with a 1 Tbspn cookie scoop. Using your hands, roll into a ball. Pinch the top of the ball and shape until you have a cone, which resembles a Santa hat. Repeat until all dough is used.
Freeze cookie balls for at least one hour.

Melt the red candy melts in a bowl according to package directions. Using a toothpick, fork or your fingers, dip each Santa hat into the red candy coating. Tap on side of bowl so the excess drips off. Once all hats are covered in red, dip the bottom of a mini marshmallow in red candy coating and attach it to the top of the hat. Allow red coating to harden completely, about 15-30 minutes.
Have the shredded coconut on a shallow plate ready.

Melt the white chocolate in bowl and dip in base of hats. Run the outside of the white chocolate in the shredded coconut.
Dip the top of the marshmallow into the white chocolate and again into the coconut.

These can be stored sitting up. I keep mine in the fridge or else they would melt in the Queensland heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment