Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mango Icecream

Are you an icecream person? I’m not sure if it’s just the people I hang around, but I find that you either love ice cream, or are not a fan.

I don’t like those people.
Haha I kid.

I’m definitely an icecream person – but only top quality stuff. I won’t go buying cheap vanilla stuff just to satisfy a craving. Either go hard or go home.
Thankfully  I got an icecream maker for Christmas. Good job Mum!

This mango icecream is pretty amazing. It’s almost between a typical creamy mix and a sorbet. I like that because you still get the lovely creamy factor, but it’s not as heavy, and better for the waistline!
(recipe adapted from Not Quite Nigella)

1 1/3 cup mango

2/3 cup caster sugar

2/3 cup milk

2/3 cup orange juice

2/3 cup cream

To a food processor, add the mango, caster sugar, milk and orange juice and whizz until smooth. Stir in the cream.

Chuck it all into an icecream maker and churn for about 20-25 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a separate (freezeable!) container and freeze for a few hours or as long as you can handle.

Grab a spoon and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment