Thursday, April 3, 2014

Carrot Coconut Pancakes

I've been on an epic coconut binge for the past 6 months or so. It's surprising because I never used to enjoy much of the nut (haha). I always thought it smelt bad (what the?!) and it tasted so...processed. Now though? I'm all over like the plague. I'll chuck it in every meal. Just watch me.

These pancakes were pretty delicious. This is one recipe I cooked donkeys ago and have been hiding. I have quite a few like this. But I do remember these well.
 
They don't taste like every pancakes. I know some people *cough* boyf *cough* who would probably say they sucked because they're not huge and fluffy BUT I like variety. Different flavours and textures that delight the palate. (gosh that sounds wanky)
 
These are very light. With normal pancakes I only eat maybe one or two but I ate four of these. I felt like a fatty but it was oh so good.



1 cup whole wheat flour

2tbspn caster sugar

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

2tbspn shredded coconut

1 cup milk

1tbspn butter, melted

Dash vanilla

1/2 cup grated carrot

To a medium sized bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and shredded coconut and whisk to combine.
Pour the milk into a large liquid measuring cup. Add the melted butter, dash of vanilla and whisk to combine.
Add wet to dry and mix gently.
Stir in 1/2 cup grated carrot and let batter rest for 5 minutes while preheating a large frypan. Make sure the frypan is well greased so they don’t stick!
Cook each pancake using about 1/4 cup batter for each one.
Serve with shredded coconut and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment