Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Greek Quinoa Salad

I've been meaning to post this one for a while. My bad.

It's basically my go-to lunch salad. I love it. It's filling and healthy and not the standard lettuce-tomato-cheese mix that everyone cringes at.

I struggle in the afternoons at work. I'm talking barely staying awake kind of struggling. I'm shocking.

This salad powers me through. It gives me the energy to stay awake (always a plus), and it keeps me full so I don't need to wander down to the vending machine at 3pm.


Try it out.


1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 lebanese cucumber, diced
1/2tsp dried oregano
150g feta, diced
200g baby spinach

Dressing:
1tbspn olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper

Rinse the quinoa thoroughly.

Add rinsed quinoa and stock to a saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.

Leave to cool. (The quinoa can be cooked the day/night before and refrigerated until required)

In a large salad bowl, toss all of the salad ingredients.

Dressing: In a small jar, shake up the oil and lemon juice and season to taste. Drizzle over the salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment